Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day Two - Tuesday

A more civil hour to get started. Left the house at 9 AM, with ride to the Light Rail with Bunny's friend Palace.
First stop was the Women's Caucus. Rather disappointing. No real stars. No Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi. Donna Brazille and several female CEO's of big companies. All praising, justifiably, the advances of women in both business and politics.
Next, we went to our job, which was slow again. Only excitement was the appearance of Bill Richardson near our hallway. I spoke briefly to him and snapped a picture.
If I ever can figure out how to add pictures, I will post it within this blog message.
I brought my camera today. So in the early afternoon, I snapped some local color pictures. MANY local pictures.
Colorful volunteers in colorful T-shirts, vendors and crusaders. I will make a few collages and post them....eventually.
We watched the evening convention goings on in a hotel bar, with lots of others who did not have credentials to get into the Pepsi Center.
I was a bit disappointed in both Mark Warner's and Hillary Clinton's speeches.

I was disappointed in the fact that, although Clinton said she was fully behind Obama, she did not actually ask her supporters to vote for him.
He will need every one of her voters. 18 million primary voters are a lot.
I liked the speeches by the Ohio and Montana governors much better than the keynote by Mark Warner. Warner had too much of himself in his.

Off to bed. A bit earlier tonight.
Up early tomorrow for a breakfast with the Montana delegation, courtesy of a contact Barbara has at the Capitol.
So far, just about all of our good contacts have been from her.
Thank you Barbara.
Alan

No comments: